What problems have you experienced with your keyless entry remote?

I am working on the design of remotes and Would like to hear from Ford owners about problems with remotes.

Reply to
joe

The batteries go dead when you use them.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

the unlock button on the most used remote wears out and at some point you have to press on the button pretty hard for it to work, also had one where the little part that attaches to the key chain broke, plastic could be too thin.

Reply to
Petebert

Even though the buttons are clearly labeled, someone will stand one to two feet from the car, and continue to hit the incorrect button, and become upset that their door didn't unlock or their truck didn't open. They will continue to hit the wrong button for five to ten minutes, even though in the same time they could have used the key to open the vehicle, or stopped and studied the idiot proof symbols. You know the remote isn't dead because the car lights are flashing, it's just the user is hitting the incorrect button.

Reply to
Bill 2

They should always have a light so you at least know that the battery and buttons are working.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Reply to
Greg

I have an 03 Explorer with a button that opens the tailgate window. On many occasions, I have to stop and close the window because of the window button getting pushed while in my pocket. The alernative is to check the window everytime before using the vehicle

A remote is a gimmick. I would rather use a key.

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

Nave you tried not carrying the remote in your pocket?

mike hunt

Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

Reply to
BenDover