Saxo water leak into driver footwell ?

Hi, Can anybody give me the benefit of wisdom. Saxo UK 1998 1.1i I have ahd for a year and now with the rain threre is a major leak of water into the footwell from above the gas pedal but I cannot
locate it. After heavy rain it seems to slosh about behind the speedo housing and then leak down as I drive along ?
Tia
--

" ..... it is the provenence of knowledge to speak, and it is the privelage
of wisdom to listen"

threre is a

I cannot

speedo
The heater air intake (plenum) chamber drain could well be blocked.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Hi thanks for the info; how do I get to it ? I have had the cover under the wipers off and seen a whole with a fan at the bottom of it, is it that and where would the drain be ? Tia
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Mine (1997 Saxo 1.1) used to do that until someone suggested it could be leaves collecting in the channel at the foot of the windscreen and blocking the drain (I used to park it during the day in a car park with lots of trees). Since then, I've regularly vacuumed it out by poking the hoover tube down under the tray where the driver's side wiper is, with the bonnet open. So far (since a couple of years ago) - touch wood - it doesn't seem to have leaked and we've had some mega rain storms just lately.
Bryn
Add pictures here
‚úĖ