Rain water in Footwell

Re. Pug 205 1.6 GTI

I noticed a large puddle of rain water in the footwell on the driver's side.

Can anyone suggest where the rain might be entering the car

Reply to
species8350

I have now had the chance to have a look in the footwell. Behind the pedals thare is a square of rubber with some foam on the back. This may be the problem in that it looks dislodged. I shall try and push it back in place, but simply pushing does not help.

If I cannot push it back in place, I wonder if I can apply some form of tape, but it would need to be water resistant.

Bearing mind where this rubber is situated, can anyone suggest a mechanism as to how the rain could get to this area. I would have thought that the water channels would transfer the rain to the road.

Above the bonnet, and along the top underneath the wipers, there is a long black piece of plastic with many slots. I wonder if the water could have found a path via this piece of plastic.

Reply to
species8350

ls thare is a square of rubber with some foam on the back. This may be the problem in that it looks dislodged. I shall try and push it back in place, but simply pushing does not help.

ape, but it would need to be water resistant.

m as to how the rain could get to this area. I would have thought that the water channels would transfer the rain to the road.

g black piece of plastic with many slots. I wonder if the water could have found a path via this piece of plastic.

Sorry that this isn't an answer, but I don't suppose you ever found a solut ion to this, did you? I'm having this exact problem with that rubber square , and I keep having to get the mop out. Cheers.

Reply to
eddie2008

The problem is that you have a 205 GTi with the 1.6. If yours had a proper engine (like the 1.9), everything would be just fine.

Hope this helps!

The Mad Peugeot Enthusiast.

Reply to
The Mad Peugeot Enthusiast

I'm assuming that you have a sunroof; if not ignore this reply, it won't he lp.

Here's the problem that my 1.9DT had. Open the sunroof and then look in th e front right and left corners of the well that the sunroof fits into. The re's a couple of holes, these connect to pipes that drain water that gets p ast the sunroof seal and drain it into the cavity behind the front wheels. Pour a little water down the holes, if it doesn't drain away you have foun d your problem.

You'll need a long length of something thin and flexible stick with a round ed end (so as not to damage the tube). Poke the stick down the hole and in to the tube. Add a bit of water and you'll soon tell when you've cleared t he blockage, often just clogged leaves and moss.

Reply to
Derek

Derek,

For the love of God, man, please find a new name. Yours is terrible.

I will, however, give you credit for not being named 'Darren'.

Yours, etc.,

The Society For The Abolition Of The Name 'Derek' (and also 'Darren').

Reply to
The Not-Derek