very soft rear suspension

i have a citroen xantia 1996 i replaced one of the rear spheres and 2 months later i relaced the other rear one now you can push the back down really easily...is this normal? does anyone know what the correct height
is for the front and rear suspension??i think the suspension is going to high...any ideas thanks
update.. i have just noticed that with the lever in the correct driving position start the car up it raises to over the correct height then when you turn car off it goes back down to what it seems is the right height top of rear wheels just level with the top of the wheelarch..

Sounds to me like both symptoms show the system's working properly. Although you need a new accumulator and anti-sink sphere, and probably to sort out a leak somewhere. I presume that was the first time the spheres were replaced.
The wheelarch should be some way above the top of the tyre, the same as most cars (but not previous Citroens), and the suspension should be soft. If you sit on the rear, it should sink down, but then rise up after 10 seconds or so.
leswilson8956 ( snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds like the height corrector's very gunked up - possibly externally, more likely internally. When was the LHM last changed? How clean is the LHM?
leswilson8956 ( snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

ALWAYS do them as a pair - as you would brakes, as you would dampers or springs on a conventional car.

Yes.
It'll be in Haynes or similar workshop manual.
Adrian wrote:

Whilst I agree with that, when my BX was under warranty the local garage just replaced one sphere and the RAC agreed that on these cars replacing one was ok. Dunno if the Xantia is different though.
--
Malc

If you're swimming in a creek
Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Under warranty, I can see replacing just one faulty one being borderline, but if t'were me, I'd still argue for the pair to be done.

It isn't.
Adrian wrote:

When I said under warranty I wasn't being clear enough, it was second hand and under a 3 month warranty or was it 6 months. I'd never recommend Warners of Gloucester to anyone after dealing with them over that car.
--
Malc

If you're swimming in a creek

Hi, you may find what you are after here
http://www.citroendata.co.uk/pdf/mechhandbooks/2001_xantia_xm_synergie.PDF
Gio