Xantia Air Con

The air conditioning stopped working, no blower, no heating, no cooling, so I took it to my local to get it regassed. Garage said that system was sound and
pressures were good. Before I start stripping out sensors and controls, I'd be grateful for any ideas. Car is 'R' reg and no previous problems with air con.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

You have checked the fuses and relays havn't you?...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
:Jerry: wrote:

fuses, relays, earths etc, all results lead me to either temp control, blower control or blower motor itself. Guess I'll have to start stripping out the facia. Thanks for your reply. Bill
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
billwood wrote:

No blower I think may be the clue. The fan under the glovebox in my Xant was a bit iffy over the three years I had it. One of the connectors was a bit iffy. Sometimes a ruddy great thump seemed to do the trick ( a techniques discovered by my 6 year old son swinging his legs around).
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard
malc wrote:

with connectors, although I have replaced both power trannies. Bill
‚úĖ
billwood wrote:

heated rear window still work? If not then the most likely culprit will be the ignition switch ... Citroen, in their wisdom, routed the full current for the blower motor through the switch contacts instead of via a relay. The same switch contacts also work the rear window heater.
Unfortunately, this is a common problem but fortunately there is a simple, low cost, modification you can do to get around it. Let me know and I can email you an electrical diagram.
HTH
--
Regards

Steve G
‚úĖ
SteveG wrote:

switch to energise a couple of relays to feed blower and window if thats the cause. Thanks again Bill
‚úĖ
billwood via CarKB.com wrote:

The contacts on the ignition switch, if this is your fault, should be able to deliver enough current to energise a relay so it's a relatively simple modification. The rear window heater already has a relay in it's circuit but because the switch contacts are damaged it doesn't work either.
Between the main wiring loom and the ignition switch are three connectors hidden inside the steering column shroud. The one you should be interested in is the brown one - two wires in:two wires out.
If I can be of any more help then feel free to ask.
--
Regards

Steve G
‚úĖ
SteveG wrote:

week end. Thanks again. Bill
‚úĖ
This problem was quite common on older models. The ignition switch gets worn (some have said it is overloaded) and breaks on the feed that supplies the Climate control. In my xantia I found rotating the key sometimes got it to work until it finally broke fully.
Regards G

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Site Timeline