xantia air con

The air con wasn't working on my xantia and I've had it regassed but it's still not working. The radiator cooling fan isn't kicking in when I switch the air con on and I've been told if the fan doesn't kick in the system won't work. Has anyone got any idea why the fan won't work?

Reply to
george via CarKB.com

I'm fairly sure that's not right. BICBW

The fan is controlled by the Bitron sensor which could be faulty or the wiring to it could be faulty and as this affects the A/C as well it could be a good place to start. Unfortunately I don't know enough about them to be able to tell you more. The Haynes BoL craps out on the A/C circuit.

Reply to
Malc

Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@ubht.swest.nhs.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I suspect you are. Certainly on CX and XM the fan goes straight to low speed when you turn the A/C on.

Reply to
Adrian

I sit corrected. I've never been outside the car with the A/C on and the engine running [1], it's certainly not apparent inside the car.

[1] apart from tonight when youngest son decided to be carsick and I wasn't really concentrating on this problem.
Reply to
Malc

somet wrong with mine. none of the sensors seem to work. the bearings had gone in the fan motors. so i replaced the fans (entire unit...front bumber off job.... lovely) and wired a manual switch up. Its not ideal but it does the job. SO whenever i have the aircon on i switch one of the fans on.

I would say look at the bitron sensor. this seems to be the cause of a lot of problems in this area of the car. Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech