79 chevy electrical help

the only way to start my truck is to run a power wire from my battery to the ignition wire before the ignition switch. there is juice comin from my starter post along the firewall to the fuse box but, no juice comin out of
the fuse box except my horn. now when i hook my hot wire from the bat to the ignition wire i have juice every where and will start but doesnt run good, when you give it gas it wants to die. im thinkin its ometing to do witht the fuse box obviously. any help ideas will be appreciated
clean it ...or replace it...get one at a junk yard for $10.00 fast and ez
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:16:48 -0500, "rednbluemarker"

Get your wiring diagrams out and find out where all of the fusible links are. One of them, from your description is open and will have to be replaced.