where to run power wire in escort

I can't seem to find a place from inside the bonnet to inside the car where I can run my power cable through. I found a few other wires going through there but I can't get to the place where they come out in the bonnet.

Any experiences with a escort?

Reply to
Johan Wagener

Depends on the year escort, but if it's 92 or newer, you're just going to have to drill...carefully...and use a grommet to protect the wires insulation...and tie the wire into a small loop so water won't travel down the outside of the wire and into your car...and slap a little latex or weather stripping sealant on there too.

Bonnet!?

-- Lizard Wierd assed foreigners : P

Reply to
thelizman

Here is what you will want to do take a shotgun and point it at the firewall in the general area that you what the wire to pass through. You may also use a high caliber hand gun, but I have found that the shot gun produces a spatter effect allowing for future accessory holes. make sure nobody is in the vehicle and be sure to aim clear of the fuel line. Eye and ear protection is also recommended Good Luck

JK B> > I can't seem to find a place from inside the bonnet to inside the car where

Reply to
Greg

depending on how well your wife is behaving herself you might want to ask her to sit in the drivers seat and watch for the bullet to come through just so you know exactly where to position your cable. NB: if it "accidently" hits her, tell her to tell you where the hole is really quickly before she passes out.

Reply to
steve

Hadnt thought of that. Might be easier to make a hole for my new 1/0 wire with my desert eagle 50 or my 1911 45 than a drill. :)

Reply to
wicked1

Watch out for ricochets or you may have a perfect hole to pass a wire through yourself.

Reply to
Ben C
92 On Look in the corner of the inner wing on the passanger side of the engine bay, you will see a big hole where the wire to the side repeater goes.

Jack the front passenger side of the car up and remove the passenger front wheel, Then drop the wheel arch liner down, undo the torx and clips that hold it up. You will then see a massive rubber grommit going into the passenger footwell where the wiring loom from the engine bay to the car is. Push amp cable through hole in top of engine bay then through the massive grommit loads of room in there if not use some lubricant to help ease it through. If cant be bothered just make anew hole through it but make sure it is sealed. Bolt the wheel arch liner back up, Stick wheel back on remeber to tighten bolts when the wheel is on the ground remove jack.

Reply to
Howard Jeffries

You guys are all a little behind the times. All you have to do is remove the radiator, engine, and grill, then set up a 16 inch cannon in front of the car. It is easier to run all your wires, hoses and linkages through the same hole than to piddle around using a little tiny hole for each wire. Plus when you're done you can use the Escort to carry 40 foot pipes and lumber.

Best of luck to you

Reply to
The Man of Steel

actually i would connect both terminals to the cars body, and for a brief moment you can simply use the vehicles body for your live feed without the need for extra expensive cables. repeat this process with a new battery approx every 0.276 seconds.

Reply to
steve