Truck won't start - no electrical power

Greetings, Newbie here. I have a 1987 Ford F250 with the 460. This morning when I went to drive the truck, it started right up and died, then I had absolutely no juice. The battery has plenty of charge - I checked that. I can't get anything else to work. No lights, no radio, no ignition.

Where do I start troubleshooting this?

Thanks. Brett

Reply to
Brett

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brett) started a controversy when he said in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Check the connections at the starter solenoid. Could also be the solenoid.

Reply to
Robotron Tom

I would also check your ground from the battery to the block. Make sure connections are clean and tight.

Reply to
L8N DEB

Check both battery connections, battery connection to solenoid and solenoid. Everyone else already said these things, but they bare repeating. Problem sounds like the starter just isn't being told to do it's thing. But it could be something else also, even the starter.

Norm

Reply to
Norm
  1. hmmm has the starter solenoid on the fender right? make SURE the vehicle is in neutral and touch a wire from the positive side of the battery to the solenoid. if the starter appears to turn, then I will assume the wire that feeds to your fusebox is fried or corroded.

did this once without the vehicle out of gear. started real well. had to chase it down quick before it made the bowling alley a drive thru.

Reply to
tater schuld