International D-30

I just happened upon this truck behind an old barn and was wondering what year it is and if it is worth anything.
The ID tag has... model D30-232 chassis# D30-62718
rating 1 1/2 ton
It's very rough looking (probably been siting outside for 30 years) I doubt if it still runs, but it has a lot of usable parts for the right person.
The old man who owns it wants to take it to the scrap yard, but I'm sure that if someone was to offer him a couple hundred bucks he'd be happy to help them load it up.
It's located in central Connecticut
--
Bruce
Westminster, Md

According to this add on ebay your International D30 is a 1937 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 1&item680617572&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
If the truck is complet and not rusted full of holes, secure the truck with the farmer then list it on eBay. I just sold my first car on ebay and whole transaction went smooth as silk.
Even if there are rust holes in this truck it will still have value to some collector, International and Hayes to name a few of the big iron have their following.
Post some pictures so a few of the exsperts here in the news group can give you an educated oppinion. If I lived closer to where the truck is, I would have you showing me where it is etc etc.
A word from the wise, when ever you find some thing of value and you pass this deal onto another. It is a generale rule that the finder get a 10 percent finders Fee of the total sales value to your found buyer. Always make this known to the buyer or seller as you can sometimes get a 10 percent sellers fee from the owner thus giving you 20 percent with out a cash outlay.
Better still be a man a buy the goods a deal on your own faith.
Regards G

A little after the fact, but I just ran across this post. If the truck is still there, try posting the information on the oldihc.org or binderbulletin.org web sites (or I can do it for you if you send me the details). They are the largest International Harverster Truck communities on the Web. There well may be someone who can make use of the truck. I'd hate to see it go to the crusher. -Bennett (not far from you in Maryland)