Alternator Taxonomy

Hi, I'm after a specific alternator - a Lucas A127 which is supposed be either 55 or 65 amp.

I am finding a lot of alternators by other manufacturers called [somethingorother] A127, sometimes they have higher outputs e.g. 70 amps.

Would the dimensions of these be similar to the lucas ? is the A127 bit an industry standard designation?

Reply to
Liam Healy

Have you tried in Halfords? ISTR that if they look up the Triumph 2.5PI alternator on their computer system it suggests the Lucas A127.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Dunno, but I'd guess that other makers are using the Lucas part number because it's the one everyone knows. The A127 was used on 200tdi Discoveries and Range Rovers from the last carburettor engines onwards - but I don't know when petrol Range Rovers stopped using them.

Reply to
Autolycus