Lucas 133 Alternator

I am trying to replace the bearings on a Lucas A133 alternator. Can anyone explain how to remove the sliprings so that the rear bearing may be replaced? I am unsure how they are held in place. Is it just by a tight fit and the solder or does the end of the shaft unscrew and which way?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Dataserver

Have a look at this and see if its of any help

Derek

Save me digging too hard - what model's this from?

Reply to
Dougal

I've found an A133/65 and A133/80 ....

I quote: "If necessary, to remove the slip rings or the slip ring end bearing on the rotor shaft, unsolder the outer slip ring connection and gently prise the slip ring off the shaft, repeat the procedure for the inner slip ring connection. Using a suitable extraction tool, withdraw the slip ring bearing from the shaft."

" When refitting the slip ring end bearing, ensure it is fitted with open side facing rotor"

I've never found it necessary to change the non-drive end bearing. Does it really need doing? If it's OK, I wouldn't bother.

Reply to
Dougal