01 C5 Service Active Handling Soon - warning

Page 2 of 2
Very interesting point about the battery. I have ham radio in my C5 and each time I turn the key to ON it briefly displays the battery voltage. I noticed my was recently down to 11.2 volts until I started the car and
it would then go to 14.2 or 14.3. I will be watching the battery voltage to see if it continues to drop off. I thought batteries should be at least 12 volts but maybe that is wrong. When the car was new with the crappy Delco AGM battery I complained about low voltage and the dealer said it has to be below 10.5 volts before GM would take corrective action. My corrective action was to ditch the useless Delco battery. Too bad there is no warning system to let you know a battery is about to crap out (potential new/old topic for discussion)

Dude wrote:

On a Stabilitrac system, yes. Reset it, forget it, didn't come back.

We've put over 65K miles on two Stabilitrac systems ('01 and '03 Buicks). These are a narrow bandwidth version of AH. I'm three months into Active Handling on a three-year old C5 (have the first owner's records -- no AH repairs). I've not had a day when these systems weren't functional.
The ABS on my C4 has some of the components that are used in Stabilitrac and Active Handling (sideforce sensing but no yaw rate sensing. The C4 ABS has been running for almost 17 years (2 or 3 activations each year). It failed test one morning due to corrosion in one of Bosch's copper connectors. Otherwise, no malfunctions. (Punchline: This stuff is dependable -- no sweat! I've always had all of the brake fluid changed during each brake job.
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe