2001 Nissan Maxima Service engine soon light!! HELP!!

Hello I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE and the service engine soon light is on and I Really and i mean REALLY need to get rid of that light does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it and MAKE SURE IT dont come up ...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

THANK U :(

Reply to
mik33y

m00njal

go to the dealer....

and yes,,,I expect to be flamed for telling you the truth.

Reply to
common_ sense

Not flaming, exactly, but you should tell him the whole truth... there's a number of reasons why the dealer is good for this...

Maxima's have problems that can be fixed by flashing the ECU with new program, there are TSB's that cover these problems. You should ask the dealer if any of the TSB's are applicable and get the reflash.

Your Maxima may still be in the 80K mile Federal emissions warranty, but in many cases your car has to fail an emissions inspection because of the defect that is causing the CEL in order to get coverage. They should reflash for free if you are failing emissions inspection... they should repair/replace many other parts too, including oxygen sensors and cat's.

Reply to
PhillyRot