1961 CORVETTE question

Check out this NADA link and see the values of the 61. go from there...

0-0-0&Lnk=1&wSec=12&wPr=1&wPg=2029&ct=7& amp;mk=1035

has a length of 107 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 24 characters:

g'luck

Reply to
'Key

Could be, but most likely will need to be restored to original to outrun the cost of restoration. I just left a shop that does them and one of the '61s he's working on will top $100,000, not stock. Another

57 was going to get hit with a $40,000 labor bill. These are prices that shops get and are representative of the time (cost) you will get into a job like you're suggesting needs to be done.

If it has all of the parts it would be the first time that has ever happened.

Dad Prior owner of a 1961 silver/red/4 speed/dual 4

Dad

No.

Buy my car for $8500 and tell me where this '61 is.

I know these can vary greatly from what you think you are getting and what you actually get, but I haven't seen any C1s going cheap in a long time. If you can get more info, pictures, etc, we could be more accurate on price, but I think you had better go for it.

Just remember, you need to do much of the work. You hire it out, you might as well go buy one ready to go for $60,000 and enjoy it today, rather than a year from now.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Honestly... YES...

I make the assumption that it has a good title...! But with a Good Frame and the complete Body..it is very hard to go wrong at that price.....

Now to restore such a car is going to run you another 40-50 K at the minimum...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Just some prices: Windshield and frame $2500, pair of recovered seats $2500, hardtop $2500, every piece of stainless regardless of size $100 or more. Grill bar and teeth $350, etc.. Very expensive though way cheaper than

53-55s.

Bob G. wrote:

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

That "No" should be a "No ;-) " if you know what I mean. No, like in no, so tell me where it is so I can get it. :-)

Now whether it is a good deal or not is another thing.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

No grill bar or theeth in the '61

Reply to
Dad

I have the opportunity to buy a 1961 corvette for $8000. It is a basket case - frame is straight and the body is good from the firewall back. The front clip is also there but is a new after market piece. It has all of the parts - trim etc. that were on the car. It has the correct 283 ci engine and tranny but it is not #'s matching.

My question:

is this car worth $8000 as it sits? We're talking total resto here.

Any input and objective advice is needed - fast!

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
RLETNER