1961 Lark Convertible

When I try to bid on this car it sends me to the "ask seller a question" page; does anyone else have this problem? My buddy also can't bid and he's the one who brought it to my attention. New seller; way too cheap - fraudulent?

Dan

I'm blocked from bidding too.

Dan wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

When I tried I found all the links on the page including the ones to Ebaymotors and to the other Studebaker listings led to Sign in. Very odd. Could be a phishing device.

Reply to
Blue-champ

Reply to
Transtar60

As soon as you fill out the Password screen after the Ask Seller a Question Screen, they got ya! You just gotta stay one step ahead of those bastards and it is tough - they are killing eBay and I fear eBay is losing despite their recent security prevention techniques such as hiding bidder's identity, etc. It's just not as fun as it used to be and it's a shame.

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
Barry

I reported the auction on the '61 Convertible. Ebay says it is a legit auction, but they have reported the cancelled bids issue to "trust and safety" and say it will be investigated.

Best I could do without the Power Seller clout of some others on the NG

Regards- John Stine '46 M5 Pickup '63 Lark Sedan

Reply to
m5pickup

I found myself able to bid by using the button at the bottom of the listing; it may just be an eBay glitch.

Reply to
Dan

Well the auction is over, and It was a fake. At least as posted by the high bidder. So much for a EBAy legit auction. Hope they enjoy this publicity as much as I did.

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

If it looks to good to be true it probably is not true.

Malcom Gillette wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos