'69 Steering Wheel Lock Problem

My 1969 vette's steering wheel sometimes doesn't lock when I remove the key. Sometimes I can wiggle the key and the steering wheel will lock. What's generally involved in repairing this mechanism? What's
involved in replacing the mechanism?
Thanks, Charles
message

if its a tilt wheel ? (not sure 69's had atilt wheel) its probably worn out. replace the steering column. or you might try and replace the lock first.
my2
--
"Key"
=====

The pin is probably just gooed up. Pull the wheel and pop a drop of sewing machine oil on it.
cheers Jim