'69 Steering Wheel Lock Problem

My 1969 vette's steering wheel sometimes doesn't lock when I remove the key. Sometimes I can wiggle the key and the steering wheel will lock. What's generally involved in repairing this mechanism? What's involved in replacing the mechanism?

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

"Charles Halliman" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

if its a tilt wheel ? (not sure 69's had atilt wheel) its probably worn out. replace the steering column. or you might try and replace the lock first.

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

The pin is probably just gooed up. Pull the wheel and pop a drop of sewing machine oil on it.

cheers Jim

Reply to
rodent