GM lose money on the Corvette?

A friend of mine told me that GM does not make money with Corvette sales, but that they continue to make the car just because it's tradition boosts their image or whatever. Is this true? I didn't know GM was in that bad of shape.

Reply to
iwhtcimtlfmwmaomopw

On 9 Feb 2007 00:43:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com puked:

I can't see that being the case. Historically special versions of vehicles would be anchors, but a whole line? I find that doubtful...

lab~rat >:-)

don't believe your friend knows what they are talking about. GM is in bad shape... but, they wouldn't have been making a product for 54 years that they would lose money on.

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
Bob I

They loose money on every one they sell, but they make it up in volume:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to