84 Vette z51 option?

Reply to
Bob I

X-Eliminator

I finally got around to looking up the RPO codes. It is a Z51. At least that probably means I can get even more ride improvement by changing the springs.

Reply to
JOHN D

Are you trying to make it a softer ride or a harder ride? Making a sofer ride defeats the purpose of having a Z51. You would probably do better to get Koni adjustable shocks so that you can change the ride by twisting the shocks to suit your needs.

Also, what I did >I finally got around to looking up the RPO codes. It is a Z51. At least that

Reply to
X-Eliminator

the guy had told me on the phone it was a z51 I probable wouldn't have even went to look at it. It's a good thing I did see it though cus it's one hell of a nice car for $5000.

Reply to
JOHN D

============= Most "Corvette" nuts prefer the Z51 suspension... I'm 63 (..no youngster for sure) but I honestly would not enjoy a Corvette without the Z51 suspension.. I want a Corvette to drive.. hard.. over the twisties not down the highway...

Just my opinion.

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
X-Eliminator

Ric Seyler from this group advised me on the Mid-America shocks made for the C4. I have an '86 with Z51 suspension and they have made an improvement though not drastic--it is a Z51 afterall :) Overall I am satisfied with them . Good luck on your Vette - I had a total rebuild but love driving it now that's it's done - (in relative terms that is ) JOe

Reply to
joevett