84 Vette z51 option?

Page 2 of 2
I suppose that's why Ferrari put Bose in the new 599? But I agree on getting the factory service manual if you are going to do your own work.
X-Eliminator wrote:

A 1984 Bose radio is old technology in the year 2007. Why would you have Bose now if you could have a DVD/MP3/i-pod enabled stereo system in your car?

You can identify it by the RPO code under the arm rest. Someone will have to tell you what it is because I don't own an '84.
I got a 1990 Z51 and it's positively teeth chattering and I will never be able to make the roof squeaks go away, but it rocks.

I finally got around to looking up the RPO codes. It is a Z51. At least that probably means I can get even more ride improvement by changing the springs.
Are you trying to make it a softer ride or a harder ride? Making a sofer ride defeats the purpose of having a Z51. You would probably do better to get Koni adjustable shocks so that you can change the ride by twisting the shocks to suit your needs.
Also, what I did on my '90 Z51 was change out the rubber bushings to urethane. But like I said above it's teeth chattering experience: http://www.prothane.com/pages/applications.html
The upside is that with the right tires & urethande bushings you can take cloverleaf ramps at more than 2x the posted speed limit. LOL.

went to look at it. It's a good thing I did see it though cus it's one hell of a nice car for $5000.

(..no youngster for sure) but I honestly would not enjoy a Corvette without the Z51 suspension.. I want a Corvette to drive.. hard.. over the twisties not down the highway...
Just my opinion.
Bob G.
http://www.koni-na.com/products.cfm