85 vette radio problem

OK I have a problem with the radio. I put a after market radio into my car and now I get a hum when the radio gets turned on from the amp. Anyone have a simular problem and know how to fix it. My first step I
am gonna try to get a noise reduction for the power wires for the amp and the amp turn on wire off the radio. I hope someone can help me with this problem. thanks guys
85 vette bennet
BeNNeT wrote:

TO ADD: it is white noise.that come from the speakers. only when the radio is turned on so I don't think it is the bose relay that I have read about. Any ideas any help please :-P
I had the same problem before I realized the only way to get rid of it was to change speakers. The Bose amp is on the speaker itself. The car had a noise reducer when I bought it and that did not help on my '86.

sounds like a bad ground or possibly a driver in the amp has gone bad....
Fwed
I don't think you can use an after market radio with the Vette Bose system..some mods have to be made..best bet is to just junk the Bose speakers.and get some good speakers...a radio shop should be able to advise you as what is required..Do that before you waste a lot of money of half assed fixes to what is a crappy system.
Maybe the radio just doesn't know the words :D