Ford Ka Radio key code entering problem

Hi all,

I have a Ford Ka car.

last week I parked the car up in my garage and never used it for 8 days, but

had left the interior light on.

so flat battery, I removed and charged the battery, and entered the radio

key code no that was written in the book supplied with the car I bought

second hand just over a year ago.

The radio is the standard one fitted Model 5000, radio and tape only.

I entered the key code from the buttons as the book directs

To press button nos 1 to 4 to set the code and then 5 to enter, and that the audio will then operate, but it does not.

It displayed wait 30 min before trying again, after the 3rd attempt.

Is there such a thing as a default no, I can use.

IF they have written the wrong code in the documents how can I get over this?

I am the genuine owner of the car, and have looked at the Ford UK web site

To see if there was any information but nothing.

I do not want to go back to the dealer, they would not even look at it when

The exhaust failed after I had done 600 miles and just said exhaust were not

Covered on used cars.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mick.

Reply to
Mick.

There should be a code on the radio itself - may need to be a contortionist to find it (?). If that doesn't work and you get locked out, take the car, your title (V-5, IIRC - been a while) to a Ford dealer. Last I know, this cost £10. They will research and give you the code.

Reply to
Shayne