Simlar problem with radio!

Strangely, I've had a problem with the radio simillar to the problem with the car, about 3 times. It's a 95 LeBAron with a 94, 95, or 96 stock Chrysler radio but from a different Chrysler, AmFmStereo Cassette. Black finish.

The radio goes on when I turn on the car, or when I turn it on separately. The station frequency displays for a second and then the time reappears and no sound comes out. None of the keys on the radio do anything, so the radio must be off. I turn the knob off, and back on again, and the frequency displays for a second every time, but it's taken up to 8 tries to get the radio to go on. Today it took 4 tries.

The radio works fine for a few weeks after that, but like I say, I'm planning to drive to Dallas, and I'd hate for it to totally fail during the trip.

Any advice about what's wrong with it??

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

Sounds like you have a bad radio.

Reply to
Mike

As stated....the radio is no good

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname

Thanks to you and Mike.

I was hoping to find a Chrysler guy who also did electronics. I'll look in the electronics group for someone who knows Chrysler.

I don't give up on things this easily. :)

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Found this a while ago:

Never used it but might be worth checking out..

Reply to
Joe

As cheap as they are, I'd buy one on Ebay before taking it to a shop--maybe even find one that plays mp3's too--287 songs on one cd! HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

H, s- Hide quoted text -

I agree with the other posters. It may not make any sense trying to fix it. I found a Chrysler AM/FM Cassette at my local thrift store for only $5.00. It works great, and has the 5 button / 10 station programming for AM and FM. These also come up on eBay all the time. Just make sure that the mounting is right. Most 1990's Chryslers had mounts on the lower left, and upper right corners. The "JA" or "Cloud" cars had a mounting tab on the left side, instead of the bottom.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50