buying a used Corvette from Carmax

I don't have any experience with Carmax and wonder if it is a good or bad idea to consider buying a used Corvette from them? Some of the cars appear to be former lease cars and wonder if I should exclude them from consideration? If it matters I'd probably consider under 10 year old Corvettes. I'm guessing since I never owned a Corvette, I'd want an independent mechanical inspection of the car.

Appreciate if you had any experiences (good or bad) with Carmax.

Thanks.

Reply to
doug

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 06:55:17 -0600, doug puked:

The 'no haggle' pricing doesn't include financing.

lab~rat >:-)

If the corvettes they have were leased out in the past, id pass on those. You can bet your life that theyve been punished hard.

Reply to
dave

I bought wifey a Maxima from the local Carmax a couple of years ago and can't be happier. I already had financing through my credit union and it was just a matter of letting her pick out the car she wanted. The kid showing us cars drove us around in a golf cart because it was too hot and the lot was so huge. In a matter of a little more than an hour she had picked out what she wanted and was driving it home. Try doing that at your local "Stealership".

Would I buy a 'Vette there? You bet.

As with everything, you must know what you want and how much you will pay. At Carmax the price is on the car. Period. And it's usually a good price, a little over Kelly Blue Book is about average. If it's a common car, you might even get it for less. If your local Carmax don't have the car you want, they will ship the right car from any of their other locations for a small fee.

Even though I was raised in a car lot (My dad ran a Toyota lot for years and years), I detest the places. My first job was lot boy, washing cars. That was enough. I went to College and decided on a career in Science. Not a bad choice after all. :-) Nothing creeps me out more than the slimy car salesmen that come running out of the showroom wearing a cheap suit with white shoes and white belt. And then he follows you around the car lot like a hyena on a sick water buffalo. And the bullshit when the sales man takes your offer off to "His Manager" for approval. Of course, we all know what happens next. Ugh, I can feel the acid in the back of my throat...

TomC

Reply to
Crabs