I'm Heading to CarMax

To see if they'll buy my 98 Exploder.

Wish me luck.

Reply to
MoParMan

Richard Grimes

Wow, and I'm off to buy a '03 or '04 Explorer since I have had such good service out of my '99 XLS and '01 F150SuperCrew!

Richard

Reply to
Debbie Grimes

OK..... but then with a handle like "MoParMan", how come you didn't have a DerangedO...?

In the same vein, after I click "send", I'll be clipping my toe nails - See? More stuff nobody cares to know....

I'm still not sure why I'm supposed to wish you luck..... is this an ancient tribal custom?

Jim Warman

A hush fell over the crowd when, "Jim Warman" stepped up to the podium and announced:

after trading in my 93 Explorer for a 99 Durango (new), I quickly learned it was the biggest mistake I ever made in regards to trading in cars. Chryslers customer service *sucked*. Right at the 60k mile mark I started getting things going wrong with it...serious things and Chryslers CS department told me (and this is a direct quote btw):

"Well...I guess you'll get the extended warranty next time won't you?".

!!!!!!

Well yes...but it'll be for my new FORD Explorer!

Amazing. Ok, I didn't expect them to pay for the leaking transmission, I didn't expect them to pay for the suddenly failed CAB module ($600 to repair), I didn't even expect them to pay for the ABS sensor that went bad.

Hell, I wasn't even going to make it a big deal about the poor rear a/c, or the flakey auto down on my window, or the drivers seat that rocked.

Heck, me being a nice guy, I didn't even mention the washer motor that turned on any time that it felt like it until it ran out of fluid when I most needed it, nor the paint that was so soft you could scrape it off with your fingernail.

No, all I wanted to know was if Dodge was willing to pay for the part and I would pay for the labor, since admittedly, they said that part has a life expectancy of the life of the vehicle, (which apparently is

60k btw). The part was less than $200 with the labor taking up the bulk of the $600 charge of over $400.

I was even being really nice!

I am now back with Fords. Screw Dodge/Chrysler. The CS I got from them was unbelievable and the dealership basically tells you that you're "best bet is always dealing with Chrysler directly". They sell you the car and they don't want to see you again unless you're willing to pay for their overinflated service.

I *never* had that problem with my local Ford dealership or Fords CS. I knew better then and I know better now. It's no surprise Chrysler still has QC and sales issues.

Reply to
01dynanospam

Don't do it! Keep the '98. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Besides, Carmax will probably only give you $6-7K for the thing!

Take your car to Canada and pay to have Jim Warman fix it. It'll be far less cost and you'll be far more satisfied....

Reply to
WC

A hush fell over the crowd when, "WC" stepped up to the podium and announced:

uh..yeah...I'm in Virginia. Besides, I got 12K for it in the trade in.

Reply to
01dyna