Carmax

I'm thinking of buying a 2003 Escape XLT 4x4 with 9000 miles from Carmax. Has anyone ever dealt with them? Your opinions if you have. Thanks.

Reply to
FB

Yep. Dealt with them and was able to save a few friends some cash and got as nice or nicer cars by going elsewhere. "Carmax, where you pay the Maximum price for any car" comes to mind...

Here's another trick: based on their pay methods if they aren't selling 30-40 cars a month (a feat in most places) they are starving. I can't recall ever going to any of the Carmax's in any area that I live and seeing the same salespeople there for more than 2-3 months without a full-turnover. There goes any customer follow-up or anyone familiar with you and your vehicle. No thanks!

Reply to
DragonRider

Same at most car dealers and cell phone establishments.

Get new folks in, they may do OK for a month or two selling to friends and relatives, and then they are gone.

..

Reply to
NTguru