Watch out for CARMAX

The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've had similar problems please contact me... I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. At which time I noticed several problems with the car that needed to be fixed. I reported the issues and left the car with them for repair. When I picked up the car I noticed that most of my issues were not addressed. While waiting for parts to arrive for the second round of repairs, I took the car home for a few days. I found numerous other repair issues. I found 12 warrantee issues. When I brought the car back I gave the Service Manager, Sammy Warnamally a printed list, and copies of CARMAX's certification form showing why these items were covered. I brought my car in on 6/1/07. When I got my car back 14 DAYS later discovered 1) stereo wasn't fixed, 2) second set of keys and valet key were not in yet, 3) convertible cover was not ordered, 4) trim around the door handle wasn't addressed 5) visor wasn't replaced "because Jaguar sent them the wrong part." 6) now the rear view mirror is loose as if the car suffered a heavy impact or was driven a long distance down a dirt road. Caked on white mud is on the inside door panels. For 2 weeks I have been strung along by the service manager. When I asked to pick up my car until the parts arrived, I was repeatedly told the seats were taken apart and awaiting a headrest motor from Jaguar so I could not pick it up. Jaguar Parts Department told me their delivery takes a week at most and parts can be overnighted for a nominal cost of $6 per item. I was lied to that my car was ready except for the headrest motors. I was also lied to about the extra set of keys being there. Despite involvement of Operations Manager Adam Warner and General Manager Theresa, my vehicle is still not fixed. I have lost many hours work, suffered grief, and have had to pay $606 payment for a car I was only able to drive a few days. I am releasing this to the Media, posting my story on Internet consumer protection websites, forums and newsgroups to get together a class action lawsuit. I am registering a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and State Attorney's Office, as I suspect foul play. As it is impossible to trust CARMAX, I want all further repairs to be done at Alpine Jaguar. I want Jaguar to inspect the car for accident/abuse damage. Compensation for my monthly payment to Capital One for $606. My lost time and wages estimated at 6 hours at $150 an hour. Grief and punitive damages will be addressed in another arena.

Stephen Horrillo snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

and why do we care since you're posting about a problem for your Jaguar in a Nissan forum?

Reply to
: P

This is a car forum and a Jaguar is a car. Duh...

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

Like I said earlier...and why do we care since you're posting about a problem for your Jaguar in a NISSAN FORUM?

Maybe if the OP had been courteous an listed the topic at OT, or if he/she put it in a GENERAL CAR FORUM, then I wouldn't have said anything, but this individual posted the same topic in several forums which pertain usually to a specific manufacturer.

Reply to
: P

CARMAX sells Nissans too. It's not about the Jag, it's about CARMAX. He posted to a lot of groups, therefore the full story re. why they're bad people. Get off his 6.

Reply to
rock4arolla

You're another one to miss the point! He might have a problem with CARMAX, but it wasn't about a Nissan...It was about a Jag! He should have made the header OT: problem with jag purchases through CARMAX.

This group is "alt.autos.nissan" not "alt.autos.jag". If you can't understand the whole point of what I'm trying to point out then butt out. Also, since you also note that the OP also "posted to a lot of groups", he's nothing but a spammer, which you are so eloquently supporting.

Reply to
: P

Carmax sells Nissan cars so this post is not appropriate for a Nissan forum. Run that by me again.

Where did you get your definition of spam?

David

Reply to
David B.

Go back to the original post made by Stephen Horrillo. The exact same post made is made in multiple car forums. If you don't consider that as spammer tactics, then what is?

Again, refer to the original post:

"The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've had similar problems please contact me... I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. "

So what has this to do with Nissan? Also, if you read the original post in it's entirety, no where is there a mention of a Nissan vehicle.

Reply to
: P

Speaking of OT, what does YOUR never-ending 'Nissan only' diatribe have to do w/ Nissans? Not everyone here is interested in jumping all over anyone who happens to mention something OT. Are your panties really going to fall off every time someone forgets to put OT in the subject line? He wasn't a spammer, and he wasn't going to post again - WHY NOT LET IT DIE???? The answer is easy - You love the sound of your own voice, and you love to tear people up so you feel better about yourself. I looked at your posts, and there's way too much 'slicing people up' in them. We don't need another rules Nazi around here, and last time I checked, this ain't your group, so YOU BUTT OUT!! Nobody needs your holier-than-thou attitude. Don't bother with any stinging replies - you just hit the kill list.

Reply to
rock4arolla

You said "He wasn't a spammer, and he wasn't going to post again", so what! He didn't have to cross post in multiple forums.

Me thinks you're the Nazi...someone resorting to name calling and yelling so others pay attention to you. What's the matter, didn't your mother give you enough attention, or do you just miss being a spoiled, pampered little boy.

As for criticizing others for "slicing people up", you're no different. Take a long hard look in the mirror buddy!

Reply to
: P

The warning was about CARMAX dummy.

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

It's pertinent to all car forums dummy. What's wrong with getting maximum coverage dummy.

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

He's just a dummy.

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

IMO: that's just the type of thing a spammer would do, dummy.

Reply to
: P

as others has said in other forums, why rant here, file a complaint with the BBB, dummy.

Reply to
: P

I did. But they're a joke.

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

because when you posted it to 25 groups, you came off like a rich whining moron

is that how you wish to be known?

Reply to
mark

If a dealership, or in this instance Carmax, has their "i"'s dotted and "t"'s crossed, the BBB is powerless. The best you can do is find one of those Consumer "rant" sites, and let your feelings known. The problem with large dealer groups and Carmax and similar is the lack of personalized service. It's very hard to come by anymore.

snipped-for-privacy@jerseynissan.com

Bajori