by by corvette

I posted when I found my new car. 01 blue vert. 6 spd. $24K with 40K miles.

After I bought it, I found this creaking in the back about 90% of the time when I took my foot off clutch. It was not torque tube. Went to my friend and he felt it had something to do with break so I brought it to the sellers mechanic. He heard it and told me to take it to a qualified mechanic for vettes. Brought it to Paul Conte chevy and was told it was the throw out bearing. The seller ( a car lot by the way) asked me to bring it to his guy so he would not have to pay retail.. no problem. That guy said he did not hear the noise. I test drove with him and he heard it. Said it could be linkage or something else. I went back to the dealer and told him... he offered my my money back and I took it.

Btw... It also made a thumping noise in the rear passenger side when I went up my driveway and when I accelerated the valves sounded.... wierd.

I love vettes and this one was a beuty.. But... I was never happy in it. I am thankful I went to a reputible dealer that gave me my money back.

I found a red 01 vert for 26 grand 30K on the odometer. Thinking about it. I may go for a c6 though. I think the shifter is more...... precise and short.

Anyone selling a car like the ones I am looking at,, let me know.

Ralph

Reply to
rebco10