Car honks by itself.

Hello, folks - I'm glad to find this NG.

I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima GLE. Just recently I noticed that the inside door light on the passenger side didn't always go out when the door was closed I was afraid it might drain the battery.

The inside door lock/open on the passenger side MIGHT be the culprit. When I lock the door by hand instead, the light goes out.

Are these phenomena related to the recent wave of car alarm going off BY ITSELF? Nobody near. Could there be a short that is causing both the car alarm and the door light?

Somebody suggested that even the wind could trigger the honking.

This could make me unpopular with the neighbors!

Any thoughts?

TIA

HB

Reply to
Sara Meric

It sounds like a ground problem. Are the battery connections to the body adequate?

Has the car suffered body damage?

Any other seemingly unrelated electrical anomalies?

Good luck,

AS

Sara Meric wrote:

Reply to