C4-94 Upper Drivers Door Panel

Hey Guys,

I've had three (3) vettes in my life so I am not exactly clueless on this sort of stuff; but I am dealing with something that is really driving me nuts!!!

The aft section of the upper drivers door panel will pop loose every time I shut the door. Of Course a simple and quick "Shoulder Action" pops it back in place but that is not a long term fix.

Now, of the three vettes I have had, the two previous (79 and 85) both had BUTCHERED door panels before I ever came into possession of them. The 79 and 85 had a hole drilled through the panel all the way into the door, then used a long sheet metal screw with a large area washer to hold them in place. I wish not this fate of my 1994. It should be noted that the 79 and 85 had damaged clips on the backface of the door panel.

I've seen older posts on this sort of subject advising everything from a fiberglass inlay to permenently affix the panel to the inner door, sewing it to the door with fishing line, all the way to velcro...

I know enough to know that the upper door panel is held in place by little metal clips on it's "underside." This is why the haynes books tells a person to sit it in place and move it forward; then aft, for the clips to hook to the door.

I took the panel off my 1994 and took a look, all the metal clips are good on the underside (none broke) but (just like someone previous) I can't get the clips to catch on the door!!!

Anyone got any ideas on this???...Back alley "Mustang Engineering" aside please.

Reply to
Kris

RicSeyler