Astra door trim panel - removal - how?

Hi,

The drivers side power window on my 97 astra TD estate is finding it hard to close. All starts well, but near to the closed position it really slows down and you can hear the motor working hard. I guess that something nears oiling or greasing.

To do that I need to remove the interior trim panel, but how? There does not appear to be any screws to remove. I've looked for the little plastic pop outs that normally hide the screws, but I cant find any.

Can anyone tell me how to remove this panel?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Astraman

Also sprach "Astraman" :-

As I recall, it's held in by the handle, the window winder and such things - then of course trim-nails all round the edge.

The window-winder comes off with a spring clip - push the doorcard back a bit and you'll see it.

Reply to
Guy King

Before you strip the door down, make sure the window runners are clean, and spray some silicon/teflon spray into them. If the window is just stiff, then that normally cures them. It's when the window starts making funny knocking noises, or jumps about that you've got to strip the door.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

He has electric windows though!!

Reply to
mrcheerful

Also sprach "mrcheerful ." :-

Damn - I wish I was clever instead of just macho.

Reply to
Guy King

There are 3 or 4 screws along the bottom edge of the door panel, two under the electric window switch, and one more behind the oblong shaped panel at the top of the interior door handle. Once these are out, the panel is retained by a load of plastic clips at the panel edge. You need to use a wooden wedge or a trim removal tool to release the clips without damage.

Make sure the runners are greased - not forgetting the short adjusting runner mounted on the inner door skin and held by two 10mm hex bolts. If greasing does not free up the mechanism, make sure that as the window closes, the top edge at the back of the door does not tilt away from the runner. If it does, this can be adjusted using the adjuster runner.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt