C4 AIR FLOW OUT OF A/C VENTS

My 1993 Vette when a/c is on the air never comes out of a steady vent, it comes out of face vents for several minutes then it just changes by itself, from floor to defroster. when it comes from defroster its a
pain because it fogs the windshield. before I take it to the dealer I thought maybe someone else has had the same problem and may lead me in the right direction as to how to fix it with the least amount of money out of pocket. .
BIGDADDYDONATO wrote:

Dealer will run a diagnostic on the system--after the first $ 75-100 they'll tell you what's wrong and how much it will cost. Better to disconnect/reconnect the connectors to the control head, checking for corrosion. In posts here, guys have also reported corrosion on the circuit board connectors inside the control head. Cleaning those with a rubber eraser solved the problem. IIRC, most problems were with earlier versions (88 and 89) of the electronically controlled system.
Paul H.
"Paul H." wrote: > BIGDADDYDONATO wrote: > > > My 1993 Vette when a/c is on the air never comes out of a > steady vent, > > it comes out of face vents for several minutes then it just > changes by > > itself, from floor to defroster. when it comes from > defroster its a > > pain because it fogs the windshield. before I take it to the > dealer I > > thought maybe someone else has had the same problem and may > lead me in > > the right direction as to how to fix it with the least > amount of money > > out of pocket. > > . > > Dealer will run a diagnostic on the system--after the first $ > 75-100 > they'll tell you what's wrong and how much it will cost. > Better to > disconnect/reconnect the connectors to the control head, > checking for > corrosion. In posts here, guys have also reported corrosion > on the > circuit board connectors inside the control head. Cleaning > those with a > rubber eraser solved the problem. IIRC, most problems were > with earlier > versions (88 and 89) of the electronically controlled system. > > Paul H.
Thank You! I will try everything and anything.. have a great day..
Check the vaccuum connections to the manifold. I've had to reconnect mine a couple of times when it did that. They are located under the panel on the passengers side of the block, between the valve cover and the intake manifold.
--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible