C5 5th & 6th not pulling hard?

2001 convertable 6sp
I was comming in on a remote section of dual lane seperated hwy(3am ish) and had this Camaro bugging me for 8 miles to race.. I finally jumpped on it and
pulled really hard to about 125. It just seemed to top out???
I have dynoed it at 313hp?
Car is stock and the first time I tried to take her up.. My 2000 auto convertable runs fine up to 145mph with no issues..
Not that I want to race, but ???
Should have been in 4th when you "jumped on it", and then shifted to 5th. 6th is for nothing but loafing down the highway.
WC wrote:

Right on Bob, 6th doesn't have available torque multiplication to overcome the wind resistance. Any of the 6speed era of Vettes, ventures to max MPH are done in 5th not 6th. :-)
Bob I wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

4th will "top out" at about 145, and 5th should take you to about 175. The 'vert will top at about 165 due to higher drag. RWHP of 313 is close as 350 is claimed at the flywheel, so 10-15% drive line loss says you have a "stronger" one. You running regular in it or something? Knock will retard the ignition in a hurry. Or you were running into a 30-40 mph headwind or uphill or something? The mpg is similar to our 03 vert.
WC wrote:

Good points about headwind and/or Reg Fuel... The knock sensor will pull a hell of alot of timing out of it......
Bob I wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

"When it stopped in 4th" should have been about 145 mph.