Fiesta MK4 pulling hard to left

Hi

I have just driven my girlfriends car and it seems to be pulling really hard to the left hand side

its a ford fiesta mk 4 1.25 zetec with no power steering

you can drive it in a straight line but you can feel it pulling quite strongly. turning right is a big effort whereas turning left is really easy

I have checked tyre pressures, and the car can be pushed with hand brake off so it dosent seem to be brake sticking. I thought it may be the universal steering joint but i thought that if that got seized it would be hard to turn the car in either direction

does anybody have any ideas please as to what is causing it

thanks

Reply to
Jovan5

Most likely a bent TCA on the nearside- these are quite quite bendable (they're designed to be) and even mild curbing will bend em.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

sorry whats a TCA?

Reply to
Jovan5

Track control arm. Lower wishbone, the assembly that bolts to the bottom of the wheel hub via a ball joint, is triangluar in shape and has two bushes + bolts where the other end attaches to the vehicle body.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I'll second that.

Reply to
Doki

All Fiesta Zetecs got PAS, perhaps a few 1.25 Encores didn't get it, but when Ford introduced the Zetec as a replacement for the Si, PAS was a selling point . . .

[snip other stuff that's already been answered]
Reply to
DervMan

My mate has a non encore 1.25 Zetec with no PAS

Reply to
Ben Organ

Blimey. I've learnt something today.

Now the 1.25 is a cracking engine for hooning, so why give it the 4.5 turns lock-to-lock steering? :(

Reply to
DervMan

I've no idea, but my mate's mum's 1.25 Fiesta (I'm fairly sure it's a 1.25) has no PAS.

Reply to
Doki

I drove it and its not too bad actually although a little snappy on the steering - but then again im used to PAS - would never go back now! I hate the way the steering gets heavier as you slow down with non-PAS!!

Reply to
Ben Organ