C6 Automatic: Shifting out of Park w/ Dead Battery

Just curious. The User's Manual for my '07 C6 w/ auto trans says that to shift out of Park when the engine isn't or won't run, pull on the shift lever slightly and just hit the Accesory button twice to pulse the tranny selector engagement switch. But what if there is no battery or a dead battery and you need to move the car to get access to under the hood? Some other models have a small detent somewhere that allow a screwdriver to be used to disengage Park. Thanks.

Reply to
Frank M.

This is a bit of a whine about a self-inflicted wound; however, GM must assume that the battery never goes dead.

Had a battery go south last year while in a mall parking lot. No cell phone with me as the truck has OnStar. Tried to place a call to AAA for a jumpstart or tow. No dice--no backup battery for OnStar. Car batteries just shouldn't go dead. -- PJ

Reply to
PJ