FX-3 shocks

anyone know of any place that sells used or can rebuild the drive motor on top of the shocks?

Around Sacramento CA.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
Ken King

I would try contacting Bilstein. I'm pretty sure they made the actuators as well as the shocks.

1-858-386-5900 Bilstein Repair Dept. 14102 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064

A contact name I have from many years ago is Bill Hendorf. I have no idea if he's still there, though.

If you can't get them fixed, I know Doug Rippie sells new >anyone know of any place that sells used or can rebuild the drive motor on

Reply to
L DaVinci

FX3 shocks are made by Bilstein. They can rebuild them, but its not cheap. Check their website for pricing. I bought new FX3 shocks from eshocks.com; they were about $170/shock.

The actuators: If you can't find anyone in your area and are willing to ship them for service, there is a guy in Wisconsin that will rebuild the actuators. Almost always, the problem is that the crappy plastic gears in the actuator have broken. He replaces the plastic gears with aluminum. It is $125/actuator + shipping. Here's his website:

I had the two rear FX3 actuators rebuilt by him last month and am happy with the results.

Reply to
Kevin J. Phillips