Anyone happen to have or know of a...

SD1/ SDi Rover V8 Auto laid up anywhere that needs a new lease of life (I.e. in Percy!)

My wish list is for,

V8 Flex plate Torque converter Bell housing ancillaries for the engine.

Everything else will be surplus.

If you know of one festering please drop me a line.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Jeremy Jezzer Clarkson

Shite! Had one laying under brambles on the farm for 12 years. It went to the crusher in March. I supppose that's better than "It went to the crusher last week", but the law of sod still applies.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Have you got that back garden ready to park all these vehicles in yet then Lee? :-)

Reply to
Tom Woods

init typical!

Someone else is bound to have one tucked away in a bush ... fingers crossed.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Jeremy Jezzer Clarkson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Anyone know of these have the BW auto fitted as getting the auto bits is one of the main hurdles.

Only other down side is the water pump on a P6 I'm led to believe is like rocking horse doo doo.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

One thing at a time my man... you can't rush these jobs. It only took me 2 years to throw it together last time.

:-)

If I do get the bits stage 1 of the operation will be here on the drive. The rest will be at a secret location known as Mum and Dads.... doh!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Jeremy Jezzer Clarkson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

done some research, bugger! It will have the BW35 Auto in (assuming its standard) I need one from 73 onwards which had the BW65 auto in.

Good effort though.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:22:37 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

BW 35 I think.

so I'd heard as well.

hunt a ZF + 3.5 from a range rover or disco, YKIMS.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:22:37 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

and just in case anyone's tempted by the project to rebuild it - if the tinworm's got at it it's a nightmare to repair.

lovely car, if it's a good 'un, mind. But I fear this one isn't good. I had a 2000 TC which was a similar story, the body frame was rusted and no good. in theory, you could've got all the panels off and repaired it, but you'd need a proper jig to make sure it was straight...

I'd still like a P6 though...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep, thought has crossed my mind. But I just want a simple bung in engine to get him going again on the existing chassis. If I do rechassis then I'd certainly look seriously at the ZF option. Thought of sorting new props etc is a little off putting at the mo.

I can leave the existing jag box in if I can find the right bits to go with the V8.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

May I gently remind you of your previous offer to let me have a whizzz in it first...

Reply to
Mother

Tis a sad hour Martyn.

I would welcome the chance to whizz in it myself. But 4 days so far spent trying to get him go have lead to a situation where this is the alternative to using him for a penetration demo down the range.

:-(

I've got to the point where I now refuse to spend any more on Jaguar bits, the nearest breakers is 40 miles away and has over 200 Jags in a field, many have trees growing through them like Bungle had. Of course if your up for a bit of money more money pit your welcome to bung the old Jag lump in Bungle, though I suspect something terminal has occured within. To get the head off means bulkhead removal or cutting out the front crossmember. Given the work I'd sooner replace it with a V8 as parts are more readily available. I've sourced a bellhousing and Torque converter so should be able to retain the Jag autobox setup. Keeping the cost down is the only way I can keep him running.

This also gives me the advantage of using stock parts for items like exhausts which is now 2 years old and will want a new one fabbing soon no doubt. It also removes the concern of the Axle meets sump scenario in off road situations. I've a spare Jag sump waiting to be modified.... it's somewhere on layer 34 of the projects to do one day pile.

It could of course all go horribly wrong and end up being just another abandoned project. Though fortunately as he's painted nice the potential is there to be seen. The brakes are sufficent and I think sound should make up for the drop in power.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

So Mother"