Help dead battery and can not get into 2000 Vet

A friend of mine just bought a 2000 Vet.(6 speed standard) and he thinks he may have left a light on in the car or something like that and the battery went dead. He has only had the car for a week and now cannot get into it
as it seems like the key lock on the door is not working also. If you lift the handle and turn the key you can feel it kind of catching but nothing is happening. He thought the battery on the remote start was dead so he changed it also to no avail. We tried synchronizing it but that also didn't work thus making us believe a dead battery. My question is what is the proper procedure of opening the door with the key. Do you lift the handel and then turn key?? Also is there a way of opening the hood to get at battery. I read somewhere about some spots by windshield wiper , but this was for older cars so I don't know if there is anywhere on this car to do that. Thanks in advance for ant Info.

Unless GM designed a car that you cannot unlock when you have a dead battery, sounds like a locksmith is in order if the keylock does not work. I suppose the passenger side was tried as well as spare keys. Of course, if my assumption is wrong, perhaps GM designed an external APU socket somewhere so you could plug in to gain access to the car. I would guess that the owner's manual would give that information.
The is no pass side door lock on the 00 model.

Sure looks like a disaster then if you lose the battery and the manual door lock fails as well.
Your friend needs to sell his car immediately. He is obviously too dumb to own a Corvette. Perhaps if he puts on a blond wig and sits in the other seat (if he ever figures out how to get in the car) PS.\: Merry Christmas
--
RS

"Coal Miner" < snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Has anyone ever told you that you are an asshole. I suspect so. No wonder GM is going broke with people like you promoting their products PS I hope you have a lousy Christmas.
I dont promote GM but i do manage to sucessfully enter and start my car regularly
--
RS
2002 1200C
| battery went dead. He has only had the car for a week and now cannot get into it as it seems like the key lock on the door is not working also. | If you lift the handle and turn the key you can feel it kind of catching but nothing is happening. He thought the battery on the remote start was | dead so he changed it also to no avail. We tried synchronizing it but that also didn't work thus making us believe a dead battery. My question is | what is the proper procedure of opening the door with the key. Do you lift the handle and then turn key?? Also is there a way of opening the hood | to get at battery. I read somewhere about some spots by windshield wiper , but this was for older cars so I don't know if there is anywhere on | this car to do that. Thanks in advance for ant Info.
Follow this link to the Corvette Forum. Many others have had the same or similar problem. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 47604&highlightad+battery&forum_idt

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 47604&highlightad+battery&forum_idt
If you would take the time to read it rather than throw out the "Many others have had the same or similar problem." you would see that the thread pertains to the C6 and not the C5. Thankfully the GM engineers are not made up of people that only half read and half understand what little they did read. Also GM did not supply Corvettes in 2000 with remote starters. Think there might be an aftermarket problem there?
As for the original post please let me know what latching mechanism is activated before you try to unlock it?? Why would you lift the handle before you turn the key?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Coal Miner wrote:

I have to admit I know nothing about the layout or electrical systems of a 2000 Vette, but it seems to me it might be possible to recharge the battery by attaching a battery charger from underneath the car... say, detach the positive battery cable at the starter and connect the charger's positive clamp to it and the negative clamp to the engine block. In fact, you may only have to attach the charger (or another battery) to provide power to allow the key to work the lock so you can get the hood open.
Anyone know if this will work?

Yes, it has been done that way but re-read his post. First off it has been messed with by adding an aftermarket alarm/remote start. Second the manual key should have no problem opening the door if they don't HAVE to use the remote entry. Third, you always, on any car I've ever had, unlock it and then use the door handle to open the door.
I have a son that never fails to remind me that when I do something stupid that I should at the very least be as smart as the object I working on. I think that situation exist in this case.

starter. Sorry for that.