Interior door panel creaks

I have a 2001 convertible and have an irritating problem. I am a big guy and lean at times on the interior door panel, it creaks and makes a noise its so irritating.
Any thoughts on how to quieten it down?
Have you ever had it apart? The plastic "finger clips" or whatever you want to call them don't go back in as tight as they were when you open the panel and then close it. Try ordering new ones from your dealer. ($20 +/-) You'll need 6 or 8 for each door. I think what you're hearing is the door panel rubbing on the styrofoam.. actually the styrofoam may be attached to the door panel and that may be rubbing in the insides of the door. Either way those clips will hold it tighter if the old ones are worn out from you leaning on the door.
-Stan