intermittent start on 76.

I am hoping someone will have the pateince to help a relative amateur along here.
I have the dreaded 'intermittent start' issue on my 1976 corvette
(automatic).
I replaced the starter solenoid just to be sure and it started several times just sitting in the garage, then when I actually went to take it out, I thought to run the transmission shifter through the gears and then into park before I took it out to check .... and - no start. I have moved shifter, etc around since, but still nada. The lights come on, etc, but the starter relay is not pulling in at all. Battery is good.
I am suspecting the neutral switch, but it could be the ignition switch too as they are both the originals (or a wire too, but let's start with the obvious first...).
From what I have read so far, the neutral switch is under the center console and it is adjustable wrt the shift lever. It seems to me if I can get at the thing I should be able to check for voltage running from the ignition to that switch and out of it to the starter relay.
Can I easily get at that switch by removing the four screws and lifting that center console cover, and do I correctly understand the setup?
TIA.
Apologies for the double post. ISP was messed up when I tried to post. Question still stands! :)