Legit Pricing

Page 1 of 2
Just wondering where you could go for a ballpark figure on pricing out an '87? This one is cherry with just over 18,000, all the paperwork including the newspaper ads fromt the dealer for the "for sale" and
"sold" editions. Garage kept. All shopwork in order, of course, stock everywhere. Just had new tires and all the hoses, filters, fluids, and anything that can be changed--changed. Bluebook doesn't even recognize this kind of low milage. I've looked at ebay for similars but that's a crap shoot. Any help?
Id check in the latest Hemmings Book under your year and see if you can find one with low mileage. That should give you some idea ; other than that, Corvette Fever magazine usually publishes ballpark prices once per year.
Dave
A friend of mine asked me to look up the selling price for a mint like new 1987 Vette coupe.( about 5,000 act miles)..the high book price was around $10,000...he said OK I don't want to screw around I 'll.go for that...talked to the seller ( a much older gentleman with now bad eyesight )....my friend hoped for a $8,000..price range....the seller said I need to sell because of my failing eyesight so I will be willing to let the Vette go for a rock bottom price of $25,000...so you can see it's real crap shoot on pricing...( my friend didn't buy it )
That's just it. Had a house once with an in ground pool. Good selling point if you find buyers that want a pool. I have a buyer but he, like me, am not sure of a good price for us both. I've seen low mileage c4s like this one go for $16,000 to $22,000 on the internet. I've seen cars look less than this one at shows and they sold for more. I think it's a little like insureance. If you're just looking at cold value, it's in the low range but for someone that appreciates what they're getting, it's a higher value. We'll see and thanks to all the had input.

NADA / High / $11,750 http://tinyurl.com/6qdc7
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people

Two dead giveaways that someone sniffed too much glue in their earlier years - 1. Eyesight starts to fail 2. Brain turns to mush
talked to the seller ( a much older gentleman with now bad eyesight )....my friend

message

hey, I never sniffed glue and my Eyesight failed at 40 and at 50 I developed a case of CRS :-)
g'day
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people

Yep. There are two sure signs of aging. The first is that your memory begins to wane. And then your memory starts to wane.
Charlie

Charlie Funk wrote:

*LOL* And I can't remember the other two!

How come you got 2 and I only have one? Where did I put that? Are any of them the same as mine?
Now there's a gross generalization. Bets on this guy's eyesight not what it was a few years back and brains start turning to mush at a very early age, glue or no glue.

And if the OP will contact his friend, tell him you know where he can get a '91 coupe with new tires for $10,000. Call me.
Charlie

hmmm? RicSeyler reply January 18, 2006 12:44 PM (Message is no longer available on the server) was pulled from the server in less than a hour.
wonder why ?
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people
Wonder why??? Well I'll tell you!
I was trouble shooting a SMTP server issue and I posted a test to this thread and I came back and canceled the post after I saw it went through....
Sheesh 'Key........ <shakes head>
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

well ? guess that answers that ! :-)
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people
LOL No black helicopters involved :-)
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Was it repainted?!?!? How come no one tells ME these things?!?!?1
RicSeyler wrote:

You didn't really say what kind of Vette So I looked up this one.
Sport/Convertible 1987 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2D Hatchback High Retail = $9,550.00
NADA http://tinyurl.com/8ndgk has values. see link below.
http://www.nadaguides.com/uv/viewresults.aspx?LI=1-11-1-2031 -0-0-0&Lnk=1&wSec&wPr=1&wPg 32
has a length of 95 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 24 characters: http://tinyurl.com/6qdc7
g'luck