Low Tire Pressure Warning System

Hi,
I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are
trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?
Thanks, Colin
check ebay
--
ZRiX
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.CorvetteCentral.com stocks a small selection, some are discontinued and out of stock, check for availability. Prices are probably in the same general area as the dealers ($200+ per wheel) Check the 'Vette dismantlers, places like: http://www.Vette2Vette.com http://www.carolsauto.com / http://www.corvettesalvage.com /
Here's a great site that's got lots of 'Vette links: http://www.idavette.net/parts.htm
Also, post a parts wanted message on the Corvette Forum: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fU
All kidding aside, the LPTWS wheel sensors can and do break and become detached inside the tire causing potentially catastrophic damage. They have been known to self destruct at high speed and cause massive tire/wheel imbalance leading to tire failure. At speed, a sudden wheel imbalance and/or tire shredding can be fatal. Removing the sensors causes the LPTWS light to light on the DIC, but the bulb can be removed quite easily. It's a nifty feature to be sure, but if you do any sport driving at all, I highly recommend that you consider removal of the sensors completely.
Good luck!
TomC '90ZR1 #792
Here you go! http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 75323
TomC '90ZR1 #792