omg love this car

Loved my c4 targa. Never thought anything could be better. Drove.... really drove my new used 01 convertible today. Oh my god. Quiet and smooth, great acceleration, no flex no squeek, no cowel shake.

Found the seats have memory so I can get in and out, lights on auto in twilight. I did not know I had a screen in the trunk for when the top is down. It is great GREAT. NO wind (almost) easy to have a conversation. Is that thing extra. Stops great, goes great.

Critic... shifter is stiff. German cars are so easy to shift. Seating is so comfortable, but falling down is a little hard.

Everyone stops to ask about the car, and it is 8 years old.

Cant wait for the nice weekend weather for some road trips.

Oh yea, my daughter got such a kick out of the wave when a fellow vette driver passed. Hey, alot of harley riders give it to.

If you are on Long Island and you see a blue vert vette pass you,,, its me.

Sorry to boast so much. Its just that it is so rare that I buy a car without buyers remorse.

Have a good one'

REB

Reply to
rebco10

share it - show us a photo of the car!

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

:>Cant wait for the nice weekend weather for some road trips.

Congrats on the "new" car!

:>Oh yea, my daughter got such a kick out of the wave when a fellow :>vette driver passed. Hey, alot of harley riders give it to.

Yeah the Harley wavers surprised me too.

:>If you are on Long Island and you see a blue vert vette pass you,,, :>its me.

If you're ever in southern Maryland I'm in a Lemans Blue C6. Don't forget to wave. ;)

:>Sorry to boast so much. Its just that it is so rare that I buy a car :>without buyers remorse. :>

:>Have a good one'

Same to you REB.

Enjoy.

Regards, Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Until you get in and out and drive both the C4 and the C5 it's hard to believe they were both made by GM.

Go easy on the seat movement, one thing the C5 is noted for is track stop wear and they can start to shift forward when you brake.

You got that right, hard to bang third but after that you need some balls to shift at or near rev limit.

Changing oil and doing general maintenance on the '64 today and hope to run the Tail of the Dragon this spring, awesome drive. Try it some time

Enjoy

Reply to
Dad

The difference really is amazing. 107k miles on my '00 and it still feels new. 35k on my 1st C4 and it had squeaks and rattles everywhere.

Change the transmission oil. It makes a big difference.

My #1 complaint are the seats. Mine has the base model seats and they make my ass numb after about a half hour.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light