phantom flames

Can anyone help me. I want to paint Phantom flames on my 75 stingray, and don't know how. Can someone tell me how? Thanks

Go to http://www.customflamepainting.com /

Thomas Artusi wrote:

That's a pretty useless site if you don't want to pay. Who wants to "pay wth paypal" to see a webpage?
A google search brings up http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ghost+flames&btnG=Google+Search
on 8/5/2005 10:44 AM Jon said the following:

Who's asking you to, Jon? You can view over 500 samples of his craft just by clicking on them.
New to web browsing? I thought maybe you were trying to be cute but since you went to the trouble to DAGS and see the stuff through the back door, I guess not.

I guess I was just asking if anyone had idea on how to paint them

I think I sent this reply directly to you by mistake. I'll post it again for the group.
I had a friend who would shoot the car in a base color like silver. Then he would mask the area, draw the flames, trim the outline of the flames with an X-acto knife, and paint the unmasked area with a different base color, like gold. Then he shot candy over the entire body. You may also be able to do it by shooting a base color, altering the base color with pearl, flakes, or different tint, paint the flames with the altered paint, then shoot clear over it. Check out the TV show "Overhaulin'" on TLC, they do stuff like that a lot.

just
since
I saw a book at Barnes & Noble the other night about Painting Flames. It has a section on ghost flames. It might be well worth your while to buy.

just
since
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

I tried to check out the forum and from what I could tell you had to pay for the forum. The internet is that it's supposed to be free, I hate pay sites. What the hell is "DAGS"?
Do/Did A Google Search