Phantom Grip

Anyone used one or even heard of them?

Not sure if ith R5 one will fit the 19 yet but i'm not gonna find out if they're s**te!

-- Chet

Chet

An acquaintance has one on his Suzuki Swift GTi sprint car. Reckons that for what it is - some machined spacers, some springs and washers, it works quiite well.

Reply to
John Fitzgerald

They work, I've looked into one for the Saab. The amount of slip depends on the strengh of the springs, but the stronger the springs the quicker the plates and gears they press on wear. Its a semi-LSD but not a good one IMHO.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Cheers lads.

I'm 90% sure it won't fit the 19 now. I think i'll just put the money towards that kevlar clutch Matt never bought me ;)

-- Chet

Chet

If it actually does what it says, then it's clearly excellent (depending on price of course). Go for it !

Reply to
Nom

Agreed, get one !

The Quaife diffs are only about £450 brand new, which isn't too bad really. Save up an extra £200, and get one instead :)

Reply to
Nom

Quaife don't do one, they'll make me 10 at around 600uk£ each tho. I'd nearly pay 600 for one but i couldn't shift 9 :(

-- Chet

Chet

Might be worth your while advertising for other owners who'd share the cost of the production run. I think you'd need a list of 20 to allow for the drop-outs. Cash up front or a hefty good-faith deposit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Aye, no harm in tryin. Cheers

-- Chet

Chet

Damien Shulock (sp?) on TSN

is using one on his 900 T16S and IIRC is quite impressed. However, it puts huge additonal load on an already fragile drivetrain.

Who on SaabCentral's got a Phantom Grip then?

-- Matthew

1988 900 T16
Reply to
Matthew