PING: Doc Help please on how to verify key cylynder read on 1990 C4

I have a no start situation on a 1990 C-4 manual. At key up,the security lite does not display on the IP and you don't hear the fuel pump prime. Battery voltage is good as well as the starter and
solinoid. I checked the resistance across the key but don't know where to check down stream to see if the key cylinder is reading the key. Also would like to check the ign switch before replacing. Any advice or help is welcome. Thank you