Re: 1974 Corvette FOR SALE

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:44 -0400, "Hector D. Zaldivar" puked:

>Hello, > > I am selling my 1974 corvette, as you can see here is the picture. I am >accepting bids for it. it is in great conditions. any questions please feel >free to email me at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net > >Best regards, > >Hector. >

You're gonna have to come up with a lot more info than that to get a bite...

lab~rat

I have absolutely no problem with attachments. I wish people here wouldn't throw a fit. I'd love to see what you guys are up to. But people should take a 1/2 a minute and Google up how to properly size and compress an image. That's just basic newsgroup/internet 101.

In your favorite photo program just take a quick gander at the pixel dimensions and keep them under 400px or so in the width. Just select resize and type in 400 or less. Then maybe we could have a thread once in a while with some attachments..... I'm a graphic designer and have a hell of a sense of humor and would like to rag you guys once in a while with funny Vette related pics. I have so much fun in some other newsgroups with everyone.

OK I'm d>On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:44 -0400, "Hector D. Zaldivar"

Reply to
RicSeyler

Myself I like the full sized pictures, you know, the one like I got last week. I have a 21" monitor for cad work that I do. I also have a barbed wire phone line with a modem. The picture took 2 hours to down load and I could only see the parking light but not the center emblem it was so big. The damn thing was 5.6 megs. but then if you got a fast hookup that's nothing. Then there is this news group, it don't allow pictures and that's fine with me, include a link and if I want to see it I'll check the link.

What binary group do you post to Ric?

Reply to
Dad
070905060909080202020404

I have no problem with them either, but the story is that some ISPs will drop newsgroups that are non binary that use excessive bandwidth. I've never had that happen to me, that's what I've been told.

In addition, when a binary is posted, it shuffles out a lot of older posts to make room. Not a big deal if you know how to use Google Groups.

That being said, it drives me nuts when someone posts an ad for a car and doesn't give any critical information about it, including where it is located...

Reply to
lab~rat

The car is located in FLORIDA Miami. I am asking $15000 dollars. It's a 1974 Corvette. 450 eng. RADIO, etc. As of factory. GREAT Conditions. Great deal for collectors. If you have any other questions please email me...Thank you

Reply to
Hector D. Zaldivar

Several and they aren't necessarily binary groups, we just keep the file sizes down, but the group we have the most fun in is,

news.mhogamimg.com

Rag about cars, racing, politics, movies, television (DEADWOOD...best series ever produced), the minutia of life. We all have known each other for years. And used to get together for racing meets across the country back in the 90's.

I've been putting of learning Macromedia Studio MX 2004 I got right before the storm. I was wanting to get back into web design to augment my shop. So I haven't signed up for web hosting yet outside the 10meg I get with my connection. I used to do web sites back in the 90's before there were web programs the adverage Joe could use. Now learning Flash and CSS will get me another nich around the average Joe.. Gotta find a house to buy before I can sit down and study for a few weeks. :-)

Reply to
RicSeyler