convertible corvette for sale on eBay

Hi, I would sure appreciate comments/suggestions on this listing:

130162397949

Thank you very much! Sue

Reply to
babysistersue

XXXXXXXXXXX

Negative, there are Corvettes out there that haven't been screwed with that much. I'd pass.

Reply to
Dad

doesn't seem like too bad a deal for $5100

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Uhm... Reserve not met ... It isn't selling for $5100...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Agreed, but the statement, "In 2003, at 35,000 miles, the motor was rebuilt from the cam up with all new GM parts (have all documentation and receipts) 2006 Z06 factory cam." bothers me. How do you rebuild it in 2003 with 2006 parts from a 7.0 liter that wasn't built yet? Even though it couldn't have happened as it was stated I wonder if the LSX cams do interchange.

Reply to
Dad

LOL No kidding, plus there is no such thing as a "Z06 Convertible" or even a Z06 with an automatic tranny....

Reply to
Ric Seyler

I asked some questions on ebay about this car waiting for answers and according to the dealer no the cam will not work...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

everyone knows chev' didn't make a Z06 convertible, maybe the guy tried making his own.

Reply to
tqz123

It is a girl and here is my post and her reply...

Dear naturalgal,

You stated that the motor was rebuilt in 2003 then the next line down states that the cam is a 2006 Z06 cam... How is this possible to get a cam 3 years before it was made? Also a cam from a 2006 Z06 motor will not interchange with a LS1 motor. There are no Z06 Convertible's nor is there a Z06 Automatic. This car would be worth A LOT more if you would have left it stock...

- zyrix

Dear zyrix,

Thanks so much for your inquiry and interest. 2006 was a typo and since the auction has bids unfortunately I cannot change the listing but have added to the description. Please let me know if you have further questions, this is a GREAT car!

- naturalgal

Reply to
ZÿRiX

I emailed her. She listed it for her brother, it's his baby. He takes excellent care of his cars, he's only selling because of he has to (finances.)

Reply to
tqz123

"chev' didn't make a Z06 convertible" ?

'Key

Chevy did not make it, or should I say it did not come from the plant that way... It was all done aftermarket...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

LOLOLOL! Guess they made wagons too? :-)

Ric Seyler

well, I learn something everyday that I am lucky enough to wake up :-)

thanks

Reply to
'Key

although I still have never really thought that the factory built a corvette wagon.

quoted from this web site:

the 50 year life span of the Corvette there have been many attempts at making the Corvette a bit more practical. The factory produced a few examples of Corvette wagons, a few body shops produced customs, Ecklers sold kits, and Greenwood designed and ACI produced the Greenwood Sportwagons. This site is dedicated to this unique part of Corvette history.

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
Ric Seyler