Rear storage Tray question

Hi, have a question for those in the know.
68 to early 79 corvettes have three rear storage doors, the one the jack is in (behind passenger seat) has a storage tray as well as the center one.
I have a 78 that has the original passenger side storage tray made from a pressed fiberboard with a fuzzy black interior.
were any of these trays made from plastic from GM, rather then the fiberboard? I bought one on eBay and the fellow stated it was NOS, but it is made of plastic.
Thanks in advance.

But I can NOT say for sure that GM never used plastic ... all of my sharks (72 76 & early 79) have fiberboard "boxes"
go to WWW.C3VR.Com grap a guest (free) membership and ask ...
Bob Griffiths 64 72 76 79 & 95
Is there a site like this for C4's ??? I have 2 84's and a 92 Life is good......thanks OF
On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:41:44 -0500, Bob G.

Google is your friend
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q +corvette+site&am p;btnG=Google+Search or http://tinyurl.com/plnd9 g'day
--
"Key"