Outside storage question

Greetings,

My son is heading off to college, leaving his car at home. I'm going to store it at a neighbor's house, parked outside. It won't be driven much at all for nine months, but I will be able to get over there a couple of times a month to start it up and drive it around a little, so it won't be completely idle.

This is an area with severe winters (very cold and snowy). Should I get a car cover for it? I've read differing opinions on that, with some saying that the risk of scratches and condensation makes that a bad idea.

Other than a wash & oil change, any other preparations I should make on the car?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
teamgig

Make sure that your coolant doesn't freeze at the temperatures you expect to experience otherwise the car will turn into an even bigger pile of shit than it already is.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu