Service column lock?

Hi
The battery on my 2001 c5 vette was flat today and now I have the error message "Service the column lock".
I did have the car serviced a few weeks ago and the safety recall for the
lock was completed at that time.
Thoughts please.
PS I live in the UK and answers are not so easy to get here

For two years I blamed the Column Lock for getting the remove key and wait ten minutes message in the DIC. The tech at my dealer finally figured out I had a bad key. They replaced the key and I have never seen the problem again.
Try your spare.

Is your car a six speed? If so they did not fix the lock problem.They only re-program the computer so it will not run when the steering lock is engaged. If your spare key does not work and you are sure you have good battery power then there is only one of two options to do. Keep paying the dealer for the same repair or do what I and others have done and order the lock by-pass. The job took me under 40 minutes to do and it is working great. here is a link to order( I did my research and they have a better kit ,and the best price also ) Hope this helps. Mike http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/index.php?cPath )_42
P.S. Low voltage will cause the stering lock to not disengage properly

Cheers to ya for driving a Vette in the UK. :-)
One of my best buddies is from Wakefield and now lives here (Florida). She ships in Cooper Minis and sells them across the country on EBay... The Mini guys seem to love the right hand drive Coopers.
yar wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler